Tablescapes

Projects

House Tour

Red, White and Blue Tablescape

by - December 08, 2018

Happy 4th of July!

We are happily celebrating Independence Day with lots of Red, White and Blue!


This is just one of the many patriotic tables you will see in our Red, White and Blue Tablescape Hop going on this week.  Chloe Crabtree, of Celebrate & Decorate organized a great group of bloggers who are eager to share their version of patriotic tables with you. 
All of the links to the other wonderful bloggers will be at the bottom of this post and updated as the week goes on. 
I chose to set my table up on my bottom deck, under the shade of the upper deck.  The only thing I didn't think of is that since I was in the shade - the photo's were a bit trickier to take.
There are lots of shadows in these photos, but I hope you can see them clear enough to get some ideas for your celebration.  


 My table is actually a couple of crates with a board over the top, then covered with a picnic tablecloth.  It is just the right height to enjoy a burger or hot dog as we enjoy some summer fun, while waiting for the fireworks to begin.
I channeled my inner child when decorating this bicycle for my centerpiece!
We used to decorate our bikes and join the parade when we were little kids.
How many remember putting cards on your spokes with clothes pins to hear that motor like noise as you rode your bike?!?
If you are really observant - you will see that I turned my bike around halfway through taking my photos!! You might, also, see our older dog, Brandy, making an appearance in a few photos - although it may be just a foot or a leg- she does not like to pose for photos - but when she finds a comfortable place to lay - I usually let her be because she is getting up there in years and she has a hard time getting up and down anymore. 
What is an Independence Day celebration with out a flag to wave and some sparklers for when it gets dark outside?!
There is something about Coca-Cola that seems so Americana -I will be using my retro cooler to have some ice cold drinks ready to go when our guests arrive.
Here is our younger dog, Lucy.  She thinks she was the model for the pillow - but I am not going to tell her that I think it was a black lab - not the Golden Retriever/St. Bernard mix that she is!

 We will be having between 25 to 30 family members over to enjoy the spectacular fireworks show our little lake puts on.  We also have a water ski show during the day - that is put on just to the left of our house - so we can view it well from both decks. I will have to set up some other eating areas, but this one will probably the favorite since it is in the shade.

Here is the line up for more Red, White and Blue fun at our Tablescape Hop-
just click on the links to see more patriotic inspiration!

Monday
Belle Bleu Interiors  |  A Casa di Bianca


Wednesday



Thursday
Camelot Art Creations  |  Celebrate & Decorate




Friday
My French Twist | Me and My Captain




I hope you enjoy your holiday.
Stay hydrated and be careful with the pyrotechnics!
Thanks for stopping by,
Ann

Sources:
Red Check Tablecloth - Hobby Lobby this spring
Red placemats -Bed Bath & Beyond several years ago
Blue denim chargers - Hobby Lobby several years ago
Red, white and blue melamine plates- Williams-Sonoma - for a steal in the middle of this winter
Flatware - World Market several years ago
Blue plastic tumblers - Target last week
Blue hem stitch napkins and the Bike - HomeGoods - I added the decorations
Red check napkins - Pier 1 several years ago - but they may still carry them
Patriotic Pillows - Joann Fabrics - 70% off!

I will be linking up up with they following:
Celebrate Your Story @ Celebrate & Decorate
Reader Tip Tuesday @ Jodie Fitz
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch 
Inspire Me Tuesday @A Stroll Thru Life

You May Also Like

0 comments

Follow on Instagram