Tablescapes

Projects

House Tour

Nautical Tablescape

by - December 08, 2018


Summer is in full swing here at our little lake.  Boating, water skiing, fishing, and pontooning are a big part of our social life, so this nautical themed table is appropriate for a little gathering before going out on the lake.
Although, because there is no horse power limit on the boat motors, we see very few sail boats on our lake.  Occasionally in the middle of the week when it is real quiet, you will see someone out sailing.
I filled my sailboat with some different varieties of hydrangeas.
I am not much of a gardener!  My hydrangeas just don't look as big and gorgeous as everyone else out there in blog land!  I just live vicariously through the ladies who post on Floral Fridays!
My husband will not allow me to decorate our lake house with any "sea" items.
So no mermaids, no seahorses, no shells, no sand dollars, no lobsters - you get the idea!!
Anchors are allowed!  Even though these are not the type of anchors we use -the nice guy that he is-  let this slide.
I chose these blue dyed napkins and a knotted rope napkin ring to top of the dish stack.
This sailboat is from Pier 1 Imports, it is sold as a fruit basket.  I picked it up as soon as they marked it down.
A few nautical accents scattered about the blue striped table cloth join the sailboat.  These cute little buoy candles were left over way past summer at Joann Fabrics last year so I got them for mere pennies.
I am a fair skinned, freckled red head.  For years I had one wish - that was to get my shins tan. Well, I can tell you, my wish came true!  My shins are finally tan!
When it gets up in the 90's - you know were to find me-  
I will be out by the lake with at least my toes in the water or floating on some sort of watercraft.
I hope you stay cool this summer!

Thanks for stopping by!
Ann

Sources:
Tablecloth and blue tumblers - Target - about a month ago
Jute placemats, anchor plates - HomeGoods - last year
Dinner and salad plates - Dillard's on clearance about 2 years ago
Flatware - HomeGoods years ago
Napkins - I think I got these at Marshalls quite a few years ago
Napkin rings - The Peddler, Walnut Creek, Ohio
Sailboat and Chargers - Pier 1 Imports
Buoy Candles and rope accents - Joann Fabrics last year

I will be linking up to the following parties:
Tablescape Thursday - Between Naps on the Porch



You May Also Like

0 comments

Follow on Instagram