Tablescapes

Projects

House Tour

Elegant Wooden Box Centerpiece

by - September 02, 2014

 I have been looking online at wooden boxes for quite some time.  I see many tutorials on how to build one.
I noticed most of them all looked pretty much the same.  A simple wooden box.  Some were stained light and some dark.  Some were longer than others.  It all depended on the person's dining room table size.
I wanted something more elegant with some pizazz. I knew I wanted something with legs and more decorative.  I talked to my husband about it and off we went to the Home Depot.
We used Poplar wood, however any wood would work.  Leftover barn wood, fence wood or redwood. I see some people using whiteboard wood.
This box is 48" long. and 9" wide.



    DecoraMold Moulding
This rope moulding really finished off the box and gave it a nice edge.
We also added the onlay, which was around $9.89 each. They are also called wood appliques .
We used this Wadell leg from home Depot.  It was around $3.00. My husband cut it down.  You don't want the box to be too tall.
I  saw many other styles of legs online.
If you used this leg style, you could get two different leg styles out of one piece.  Just cut off the top and bottom.
I wanted a two toned look, so we used two different stains. Here is how it turned out.  I absolutely love it!
The great thing about these boxes, you can use them for all different seasons and holidays. Just change out the decor.
I am using battery candles with a remote....Such a cool device. The tapers are real candles.
Just be careful when using the real candles.
I posted this on Facebook and was overwhelmed with the response. I have a few friends that want one.
I am over my radiation treatments and I am on the road to healing.  The next step is the thyroid cancer.  I am feeling better with each passing day.
Thank you all for being there for me.  Hugs..... I am linking up the following blogs: Fabulous Fall Linky Party @  My Journey Back- The Journey Back The Creative Home and Garden Hop @ Creative Home Expressions Make it pretty Monday @ TheDedicatedHouse Masterpiece Monday @ Boogie Board Cottage Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings-The Heart of your Home 
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life Centerpiece Wednesdays @ The Style Sisters What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants  Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop @ Katherines Corner    Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits @ Stone Gable Blog Creative Things Thursday @ The Vintage Farmhouse Fluster's Creative Muster Party @ Fluster Buster

You May Also Like

0 comments

Follow on Instagram