Saturday, September 17, 2016

Creamy Potato Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Since the weather is cooling a little, I thought I would make some homemade yummy Potato soup with broccoli and cheddar. My husband really enjoys the Panera  Bread soup.  My soups are almost like a chowder, creamy, rich and full of veggies.  Very much comfort food with some lovely sourdough bread.
Yesterday my husband and I visited another neighbor who is recovering from back surgery. He gets to go home tomorrow.  He  loves soup, so I wanted to bring him some of this soup. Well, update, our neighbor is home.  My husband and I drove our Gator vehicle over to visit him and take him some homemade soup, fresh bread and the apple dessert I made. He was very thankful.  While we were there, he said his tv was not working.  So my husband took a look.  After a bit, he figured out it was on the wrong setting. TV once again! Rosie's Owner is coming home on Thursday.  I am sure Rosie will be happy to be home and see her owner, Sharon. While Sharon was away, I created a photo book for her recently deceased husband, John's memories. It was easy to do.  This time I used Walgreens, which was created online and It could be picked up the same day.
yield: 12 servingsprint recipe
Creamy Potato, Broccoli Cheddar Soup
A loaded potato soup with broccoli and cheese
prep time: 15 MINScook time: 20 MINStotal time: 35 mins

INGREDIENTS:

  • 20 small potatoes -peeled and cubed
  • 1 onion- chopped
  • salt & pepper to season
  • 3 carrots - peeled and chopped
  • 32 oz vegetable stock
  • 3 cups broccoli florets - chopped
  • 4 Tablespoons butter
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 3 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 cups of cheddar cheese

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. In a large pot, combine vegetable broth, carrots and onions. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the veggies are for tender. Add broccoli and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter, add flour, whisk and cook until golden brown. Whisk in milk and cook for about 5 minutes. Add cheese to mixture and stir until melted. Season with salt & pepper. Pour cheese mixture into the potato mixture and combine. If needed, add more milk or vegetable broth.
Linking to these parties.
Linda @ Life and Linda
Linda @ Life and Linda

Hello, welcome to LifeandLinda. I am from Northern California. I enjoy blogging, Designing Blogs, Decorating, cooking, entertaining, gardening and clogging. I hope you enjoy your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram