Friday, August 26, 2016

Apple Crisp Recipe



I had some apples in the refrigerator, so I thought I would make an Apple Crisp.
I always enjoy the smell of apples baking with cinnamon.


Apples are so good.  I love how I can use them in many ways.  Sometimes my husband and I go on a apple diet....LOL With Fall approaching, apples are in abundance. In the past we have visited Apple Hill.  A lovely place , where there are numerous farms to visit.   It's when the air is filled with the wonderful smell of apple pies.  There are fruit farm and pumpkin patches, as well as apple farms. I tweaked this recipe a little.  The original recipe came from Family Circle.
Remember those fabulous Apple roses I shared before? Those are so elegant looking. I am working on a few Fall crafts...a wreath and a banner.  I have to finish my witch shoe cake platters. I am also thinking about transitioning into Fall a little at a time.  It is still hot here and I am enjoying the pool. Are you working on any Fall projects?
I am loving  this Recipe Generator.  I am using it below. I wrote a post about it HERE.
I am happy to say, Stacey from Poofing The Pillows and Cheri  from My Savory Spoon are using the Recipes Generator, plus Jemma At Home with Jemma is purchasing it tonight.
yield: 12 servingsprint recipe

Apple Crisp

A lovely apple dessert with a crunch topping.
prep time: 25 MINScook time: 50 MINStotal time: 75 mins

INGREDIENTS:

FILLING
  • 3 pounds apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 pinch ground nutmeg
TOPPING
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks melted unsalted butter

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Heat over to 350 degrees. Use a 12 x 8 x 2 baking dish and spray with non-stick spray. Filling: Combine all ingredients. Spoon into baking dish.
  2. Topping: In a bowl, combine flour and the next 5 ingredients. Add melted butter and stir until large clumps. Sprinkle over apple mixture. bake for 45-55 minutes until brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Linda @ Life and Linda
Linda @ Life and Linda

Hello, welcome to LifeandLinda. I am from Northern California. I enjoy blogging, Designing Blogs, Decorating, cooking, entertaining, gardening and clogging. I hope you enjoy your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram