Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Wild Animal Tablescape

We had a dinner party the other night and we thought it would be fun to have an exotic animal dinner party. Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my! 
Liz from Infuse With Liz, do you remember sending me these leopard print curtains?  I used them for the center of the table,along with our cool monkey lamp.
 I love this adorable monkey candle holder.  Most of these items I had already. I recently ordered a few things for Halloween at Pier 1 to pick up the other day.  My husband went with me because we were dropping off our previous cook top and windows at

Foothills Habitat for Humanity.

We both went into Pier1 and ended up browsing around.  My husband found the leopard print glasses, cocktail shaker and the gorgeous wooden  bowl and platter.
Hawthorn Wood bowl and platter from Pier1.
One of our guests made a comment to my husband, she could be his second wife,
after looking around at our decor and hearing the story of my husband picking out the glasses, cocktail shaker and wooden bowl and platter....LOL
I happened to have the grape leaves salad server, which matches perfectly.
The salad plates are different.  Elephants, lions, giraffes, and rhinos.
Come join us.  Pull up a chair....  Happy weekend everyone. The menu was:  Braised Short Ribs - Mashed Potatoes - Gravy Roasted Brussel Spouts,  Pear, Walnut Salad with Gorgonzola - Leaf cut-out bread and Carrot Cake. I have to share this beautiful painting Jax Frey sent me as a thank you for designing her blog. Her blog is Mama Jax Thanks again Ron from Uptown Acorn for referring Jax to me.
Dishes from Zgallerie Glasses - Pier1 and Horchow Flatware- Horchow Wood bow & Platter- Pier1 Napkins- Pier1 Round rattan chargers- Crate & Barrel Wrought iron chargers - JCPenney I am joining the following linky parties: Thursdays Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner  Say G'day Saturday @ Natasha In Oz Best of the Nest @ Driven by Decor Bouquet of Talent @ Life on Lakeshore Drive Inspiration Monday Party @ Redhead Can Decorate Make It Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House Amaze Me Monday @ Dwellings The Heart Of Your Home Table It @ Rustic and Refined
Linda @ Life and Linda
Linda @ Life and Linda

Hello, welcome to LifeandLinda. I am from Northern California. I enjoy blogging, Designing Blogs, Decorating, cooking, entertaining, gardening and clogging. I hope you enjoy your visit.

1 comment:

Follow Me on Instagram