Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Carmelized Apple Tart

I am not in a hurry for Fall. We have has some crazy weather so I thought I would make a tart. I had some apples on hand, so it seemed logical to put them to good use. I made a savory sweet topping of apples, carmelized onions, ham and cheese on pizza dough.


Everytime, I say pizza dough, it reminds me of the episode of Iron Chef America, where the mystery ingredient was pizza dough.  The chairman is always so dramatic with his presentation of the mystery ingredient.  It is so funny to hear him say  allez cuisine"pizza dough" with drama and flair.

 

Ingredients 

2 Tablespoons butter 1 large red onion, thinly sliced 1 lb pizza dough homemade or store bought 2 oz thinly sliced or cubed cooked ham 1 apple, cored and sliced thinly 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese thyme 1.  Place oven rack in lowers position and heat oven to 450.      Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray      Set aside 2.  Melt butter in skillet and  add sliced onions.      Cook covered on medium low for about 12 minutes. Stir.      Uncover and cook an additional 2 minutes.      Remove from heat and set aside. 3.  On a lightly floured surface roll out pizza dough to fit      a 13x9 baking sheet.     Transfer to prepared pan.  Press with fingers.  Use a fork to prick     the dough.     Bake until puffed and lightly crisped.  Removed from oven. 4.  Top crust with ham, then layer with carmelized onions, apple slices and cheese.      Bake another 10 minutes until crust is brown and crispy.     Sprinkle with thyme.  Enjoy!

Tweet: #Carmelized onion and apple tart @lifeandlinda
Have a fabulous weekend. I am partying with the following blogs: Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage Foodie Friday @ Designs By Gollum
Linda @ Life and Linda
Linda @ Life and Linda

Hello, welcome to LifeandLinda. I am from Northern California. I enjoy blogging, Designing Blogs, Decorating, cooking, entertaining, gardening and clogging. I hope you enjoy your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram