Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Apple Cider Caramels

It's that time of year when we are look forward to beautiful fall color.  Time for soups, casseroles and baking.  I have been wanting to make these lovely caramels for awhile now.
These are creamy and chewy treats that  will melt in your mouth.  They are different because of the added cider, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. They will make lovely gifts or party favors.  I can see different possibilities...dipping them in chocolate  or ?
I wrapped them individually in parchment paper.
 Source:  Food and Wine
We bought this cute owl when we did our shopping at Pier1 recently.  Again, my husband picked it out.
Here's part of the slab of caramel before cutting.  I used a 13x9 baking pan. Also, I am pleased to say, I am getting back into clogging again.  It's been awhile, so I have to get my feet dancing around again. I am also going to a day of clogging at the Harvest Stomp next month with some friends.
Have a terrific week.  If you missed my  Wild Animal Tablescape, you can see it here.
Linda @ Life and Linda
Linda @ Life and Linda

Hello, welcome to LifeandLinda. I am from Northern California. I enjoy blogging, Designing Blogs, Decorating, cooking, entertaining, gardening and clogging. I hope you enjoy your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Instagram